The Kegworth P&C are strong supporters of active school children. In support of this, we have a sports committee that helps promote various sports and activities for the Kegworth kids and their community to participate in. The idea is to get not just the kids but all of us off the sofa and having fun. While we’re at it, a little fundraising for the school can be a bonus.
Key drivers for this committee include:
- Encourage additional sport and wellbeing programs within the school
- Advocate for local sporting clubs and encourage participation
- Encourage participation in community sport events
- Support Kegworth’s sports program financially by applying for grants and running fundraising activities
Some events that the committee will be looking to drive include:
- Ride to School day – This promotes students, parents and teachers to try riding, walking, skating or scooting to school as well as celebrating the regular walkers and riders.
- Fathers’ Day stall – the intention for funds to go towards a cover/improvement sporting equipment such as the long jump pit.